12.07.2010

~ tuesday thought: lampshades ~

Happy Tuesday my dears!  I am so excited about today being Tuesday not only for this post, but because I leave for Florida tomorrow to see my family! I haven't seen them since April when my nephew, baby Riley was born.  And he is already crawling and saying mama - or at least that is what we think he is saying ;-)  When my sissy, Cole, told my niece, Madi, that I was coming for her 4th birthday she screamed out in excitement...I cried the big sap that I am.  I cry every time I get off the phone with Madi...she's just so dang cute it kills me and I miss her more than anything.  And she is smart as a whip I tell you.  I keep telling my sister she is gonna have trouble on her hands sooner than she thinks!  I will hopefully have some pictures to share of her Alice in Wonderland themed party.  Oh and wait til I share what my sister made for the party - she's soooo much more talented at painting and drawing then I am.  I kept getting pictures on my phone of what she was working on and my response each time - OMG!

Okay enough rambling outta me, and on to your thought for today.  So here it is:  Use vintage or new lampshades as boosters!  Granted while they would work perfectly to boost centerpieces or items on your tables, I focused on using them on a dessert bar...
DSC_0001
DSC_0008
DSC_0016
DSC_0017
DSC_0016
Cute no?  And you can also use the small lampshades on cake plates to add more height...
DSC_0001
Even though I used my typical cream and white color scheme, you could always glam it up, go retro, go modern or go rustic by using different shades and details.  To give you an example, albeit not a very good one, here's a black lampshade with silver and glass details...
DSC_0008
The simple changes, really change the look.  So next time you need to give something a boost - consider a lampshade to do it!  Remember, it's easy to change the style by using different shades.  Hope you enjoyed your Tuesday Thought today.  Check back next Tuesday where I will give you a couple more ideas for boosters...keeping with this theme...and using light covers!   

~Ciao

...concept, design, styling & photography all by Luna and Chloe Weddings

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I never would have thought of this but how perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! You did it again! I would have never thought of this! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing idea and so easy to execute. To think of all the different looks you could create with colours and patterns!! LOVE it!!! Hope you have a fabulous time seeing your favourite people - lots of hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG this is such a GREAT idea!!!! LOVE IT!!! OMG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I always say this but... you NEVER cease to amaze me. Seriously. Every week you have something that seems so obvious and yet it blows my mind. Please don't ever stop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have NEVER thought of that. And if you told me about it, I would have thought you were crazy! But that is so fantastic! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete