5.18.2010

~ tuesday thought: bouquet holders and centerpieces~

Did you ever think about what to do with your bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets after the ceremony?  Unless you use the bouquets to decorate an area on the head table, cake table or some other area, you and your girls are left to just laying them down next to your dinner plates!  Well here's a great idea for you...
Wedding
Hang jars with some water off the back of your and your bridesmaids chairs to hold the bouquets!  So perfect.

But here is your Tuesday Thought:  why not do this for each chair using small simple vases with just a couple blooms?  I'm thinking what I used at my wedding would be perfect - they are basically test tubes with a wire wrapped around so you can hang it.  Remember, just one to three stems would work just perfectly.  And the great thing about these - you could use them as favors.  Just remember to tell your guests to take them home at the end of the night!

Now you are probably wondering...if you were to hang flowers off the back of each chair...what would you do for centerpieces?  Well, you could always do flower centerpieces too, but I am thinking something along the lines of this...
Tabletop
Fun and different!  So instead of having your guests get up from the table to head to the bar during dinner....you can keep them in their seats with this idea.  I do have to admit that I would need to add some other decor too - small jars of flowers, candles, etc.  But I am kind of liking this as an alternative to a centerpieces of flowers.  This would be perfect to use at any wedding, but I'm seeing a wine country wedding, a vintage backyard affair and a wedding at the beach.  Any thoughts?

 ~ Ciao

...image via style me pretty & stylist sophie martel

No comments:

Post a Comment