10.13.2009

Fete Champetre...

Translation...a country party.  And not just any country party - a wedding, which took place in the countryside just outside of Paris.  Oh la la! 
Kelly d'Halluin designer her own  wedding photo credit mallory samson
Above the bride, an interior designer and stylist in New York, shows off her fabulous bouquet consisting of a peonies (my fav flower), mint, grouse feathers, orchids, ferns and some butterflies all tied with a fab antique ribbon.  This bouquet shows how one little element - the grouse feathers, which I am loving - can add big impact.  What a fantastic way to add a touch of chocolate brown into her bouquet.  Below a cloche sits on the table capturing a little vignette inspired by nature.  The cards inside the cloche tell guests which area they will be sitting at...as this was one long table arrangement. 
Kelly d'Halluin designer her own  wedding photo credit mallory samson 14 veranda mag
The place setting below is the perfect blend of rustic and refined.  Lambs ear, which is velvety soft, adds the perfect touch on top of the menu cards.
Kelly d'Halluin designer her own  wedding photo credit mallory samson 8
Kelly d'Halluin designer her own  wedding photo credit mallory samson 4
How beautiful is the table arrangement above?  It consists of roses, sweet peas, mint, mushrooms (just fab) and grass.  And last but not least, the bride and her flower girls...
Kelly d'Halluin designer her own  wedding photo credit mallory samson 12 veranda mag
I am a hat girl (and I love wearing things in my hair) when the occasion fits.  So it's fitting that I am over the moon with the brides plumed fascinator!  Could it be any more fabulous?  Note to self - must find one for my own!!!  So in french fashion - avoir un weekend fabuleux!

I had originally posted this wedding on my Luna and Chloe blog a couple of weeks ago...before I started a separate wedding blog...but, I wanted to make sure this was posted here to because it is so fabulous.

~Ciao

...photo credit: Mallory Samson

No comments:

Post a Comment